Founder – Dr Chiro Priyo Mitra
A veterinarian working for the European Union is what he does as a profession, while ultra running and cycling is his passion! A freak accident while running in 2005 him blind in one eye, but that didn’t stop him from returning to the sport 7 years later and within a year to complete his ﬁrst 100km ultra run.
Having completed many endurance cycle rides of 200km, 300km, 400km and 600km one can easily say he has an appetite for distance! And that’s not all, his love for the sport doesn’t just stop at participating as he also organizes numerous well known events from Delhi’s ﬁrst International Triathlon, Cross Country Duathlons, Manali-¬‐Leh cycle expeditions, Brevets under Audax Club Parisien and many more, but there’s more!
Chiro has been awarded the Karamveer Puraskar twice for his work with SHAKTI VAHINI an NGO dealing with Child Rights and Human Trafficking.
Media Coverage about the Founder of the Event
- Times of India- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/gurgaon/Child-rights-crusader-gets-recognition/articleshow/7802567.cms
- Wikipedia Link – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karmaveer_Puraskaar
- As an Ultra Marathoner- http://100kultratrailrun.blogspot.in
RACE Director Bipin Kaul
Bipin Kaul aged 41 is a Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) Delhi University Alumni and completed his Post Graduation from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi.
He loves to call his family “TeamKaul…Ultra Family” which comprises his wife Preeti who herself is a marathon runner and a Chartered Accountant and ISB Hyderabad Alumni, two sweet daughters whom he calls ducklings Vadanya (Hyderabad Triathlon finisher in Novice category) & Kaira, mother Mrs Sushma Kaul.
Any sports event he participates he is accompanied by “TeamKaul” and most of his holidays have been event cum vacation, in this whole process exposing his daughters to the world of sports…he firmly believes athletes are good human beings.
By profession he is a Banker & works with the new age Bank IDFC Bank at a senior position as Head South Zone based out of Bangalore. His job demands significant amount of travelling in addition to weekends travel to Gurgaon where his family is based. On a lean month he takes on an average 20 flights 😊 across country.
In spare time Bipin passionately pursues sports. A few of his noteworthy accomplishments have been
- Finisher Ultraman Australia 2018 ( 10km Swim , 421km Cycling & 84km run)
- Paris-Brest-Paris (PBP) 2015 (1237km and 12k meter elevation brevet)
- IM Taupo New Zealand 2017
- IM Langkawi Malaysia 2017
- IM 70.3 Putrajaya 2016
- Two times podium finisher 3/4 Traithlon Hyderabad
- 72 Km Khardung La Ultra Marathon 2017
- 80 Km Mashobra Ultra marathon Shimla 2017
- 50 Km Bangalore Ultra marathon 2018
- 25 Plus Half Marathons PB 1:46hr
- 10 Plus Full Marathons PB 3:47hr
- 10 Km Goa Swimathon 2018
- 3 times SR Series finisher
- 1000 Km Delhi-Waga-Delhi brevet
- 23 brevet 200/300/400/600/1000 km.
His mission statement in his own words is
” What u ACHIEVE isn’t relevant anymore…what becomes relevant is what u FEAR”
Whatever is your fear…you have got to deal with it and I fear the thought of swimming across the English Channel and hence have registered for the 2019 relay channel Swim.
Few of the upcoming events he is preparing for are
- IM Malaysia Nov 2018
- Comrades June 2019
- Ultraman Canada July 2019
- English Channel Relay Sep 2019
- English Channel Solo July 2020
- RAAM 2020